The stories must be set in the iconic town of Sleepy Hollow, and accepted tales receive $10 and a contributor’s copy in exchange for first publishing rights. Get your story in by June 30, and good luck!
From the NeilsenParty website:
Give us your gothic chiller, your modern horror, your Lovecraftian insanity. Trot out the terror from the mythology of the native people who lived here long before Europeans arrived. Take us into the past or into the future. Explore an existing local legend or create one of your own. The sky’s the limit. All we require is for your story to focus in some way on the supernatural and that it take place in or around the Village of Sleepy Hollow.
- No gratuitous sex, violence, or profanity.
- No pornography or erotica. Not interested.
- No fan fiction (stay away from the TV show or Tim Burton’s film).
- Story must be your work and it must be original (no reprints).
- We want stories of between 2,000 – 8,000 words. Once you have your masterpiece, email it as an .rtf, .doc, or .docx attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will ignore anything sent to us in any other format or pasted into the email.
- Please include your name, contact information, and word count on the first page.
- We pay a cool $10 per accepted story, plus 1 contributor’s copy.
- Submission deadline is June 30, 2015.
- Send any questions, comments, or furious rants to email@example.com.
For published pieces we take First Print and/or Electronic Publishing Rights. Bear in mind that most publications will not publish pieces that have been published in print, eBook, or on the web, so for all intents and purposes after your work is published by us it can only be marketed as a reprint, which limits the number of markets that will accept it, and often reduces the pay rate it can receive. It is up to you, dear author, to decide if publishing your work with us, giving up your First Publishing Right for a token payment, is the best choice for your story.
We’ll try to get back to you ASAP, but no later than 2 weeks after the submission deadline.