Happy National Poetry Month! Beginning tomorrow, it’s all about the verse and there are a lot of ways to celebrate including some special open mic events.
I’ll be running interviews with poets, reviewing poetry books and giving some away all month long.
- April 5, 7 p.m.—Say the Word with the editors of Panoplyzine, a Pensacola-based online poetry publication.
- April 7—Escape Claws, my book of narrative and poetry about my experiences in four haunted houses will be released on Amazon.
- April 7-9—Brain2Books CyCon will be happening all weekend with games, contests and interviews.
- April 9, 1 p.m. central—I’ll be on GoIndieNow with Joe Live and other authors from the horror genre discussing Escape Claws and all things spooky.
- April 10—Edible Book Contest will be at the Northwest Florida State College LRC, Niceville Campus. Click here for full details.
- April 11, 6 p.m.—The Poetry & Music Jam at Crestview Public Library. Contact Esther at the Library 850-682-4432 (email@example.com) or Rick Sanders 850-585-6399 for more information.
- April 17, 6 p.m.—Blackwater Review reception, part of NWF READS week, will be in the McIlroy Gallery, Mattie Kelly Arts Center, Niceville. The event includes selected student readings and the unveiling of the student art selected for the cover of this year’s Blackwater Review, the college’s annual literary and fine arts journal.
- April 17, 7 p.m.—Andre Dubus III kicks off NWF READS week in the Sprint Theater, part of the Mattie Kelly Arts Center on the Niceville Campus.Florida State College.
- April 20, 7 p.m.—Stone Soup Open Mic at L.J. Schooners, Bluewater Bay.
- April 21, 5 p.m.—TV Dinner Theater will be at Cafe Bienville, Niceville. Performers can compete for cash and other prizes.
- April 26-30—StokerCon will be in full swing aboard the Queen Mary in Long Beach, Cali. I’ll be there signing books, wrangling volunteers and attending the Stokers Awards banquet. Saturday, the 29th I’ll be doing a special reading with David A. Sandner.