The Centre for Science Fiction and Fantasy in Cambridge seeks “a non-UK based writer working in science fiction or fantasy at any stage of their career who is interested in sharing their ideas with researchers, practitioners and students.”
The chosen resident will be asked to draw up an appropriate program of activities which would not exceed ten contact hours over the course of the week and might include:
- Running or presenting at seminars to students studying courses in SF and creative writing
- Giving a public lecture
- Mentoring sessions
- Contributing to a panel presentation at the Cambridge Festival of Ideas
- Contributing to videotaped resources to be used by students at the Centre for Science Fiction and Fantasy.
- Contributing a blog or editorial to be published on the Centre for Science Fiction and Fantasy website/Samovar.
What’s included in the residency:
- Accommodation in a centrally located hotel or B&B in Cambridge and subsistence up to a maximum of £1000.
- Travel including UK transfers up to a maximum of £500
- A stipend of £1000.
Interested in a writing trip in England? Find out more details here.