Choose My Book Cover

Which do you Like?

I’ve never been quite happy with the No Money Marketing cover, but I’ve been more focused on the inside than the outside.

I know we can’t judge a book by it’s cover but first impressions do count (which means we do judge books by their cover… hmmm…)

I’ve worked out a few alternate designs and I’d love to hear input.  Thanks to Carmen Hamm for the idea to go blue… Which do you like?

More links you make Like:

First reader review up on Smashwords – 5 stars! ;D

No Money Marketing: All You Need Is Like on Amazon for Kindle

All other digital formats at Smashwords

About Angela Yuriko Smith

Angela Yuriko Smith is an American poet, author, and publisher with over 20 years of experience in newspaper journalism. She is a Bram Stoker Awards® Finalist and HWA Mentor of the Year for 2020. She co-publishes Space and Time, a publication dedicated to fantasy, horror and science fiction since 1966. Join the community at spaceandtime.net
This entry was posted in Writing Life and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Choose My Book Cover

1. Amy Eye says:

I like the one you have on it personally… :)

• Proof that you are a unique thinker Amy… so far you are the one and only vote for the old cover ;p

• Amy Eye says:

Leave it to me to be alone….LOL

Well, I did see that someone else agreed with me! I liked the ‘old school’ feel to it. It didn’t feel like it had to have the modern feeling to it. Maybe I’m just getting old, but I am digging things right now that have that retro feel to them.

• Hahaha, just for the two of you I’ll have to make a special edition ‘old school’ one. Even tho I usually like sticking with neutrals I think I’m going with the majority and liking the blue one. I’m probably brainwashed into following the classic ‘facebook blue’ look.

2. Andrea says:

I like the arrow and the higlighted “like” on both of them. I’m not that keen on the font you use with the title. The coloured one looks a bit clattered, the blue one is very facebook-like (sorry, it’s the third usage of this word in this comment, I do realize, sighs) but the wee numbers in the bottom left corner look good. So if I have to chose between these 2, I’d go for the second one.

3. I like the second one, I’m not too keen on the multi-colours of the first one, and I like the way the title is highlighted in the second.

4. L'Aussie says:

Hi fellow campaigner from the adult fiction group no 2! I like the blue/grey cover.

Denise

5. I like to original one too:)

6. Gwen Gardner says:

Hey, just stopping over from the campaign trail to say hello – I like the cover on the left :)

7. The blue makes me think about Social Media outlets. I mean most of the icons on the right column of your blog are blue or have blue in them. I don’t like the multiple colors on the first one. Good luck.

8. Mike says:

I like the one on the right. The blue is snappy.

9. Mary W. says:

Hi Angela! I like the blue one, then the current cover you have (grey). My least favorite is the multicolored one, the swirls are too distracting for me, and pull me away from the title rather than towards it.